Friday, February 7, 2014

[140113 | INTERVIEW] ’13 persons 13 colors’ ToppDogg, image ranking… “Which member likes women the most?”

The 13-membered boy group ToppDogg, just like I said, is a team of 13 persons with 13 colors. They’re a multi-performance group formed by leader P-Goon “who is like a brusque father”, the “gentle main vocal” Seogoong, the “visual representative” B-Joo, the “high note shuttle” Gohn, the “average height representative” Nakta, the “chewy rap representative” A-Tom, “multiplayer member” Hansol (T/N: Koreans use the term ‘multiplayer’ to mean a member who excels in a lot of areas), the “almighty producer” Kidoh, the “dance prodigy” Xero, the “reliable oldest hyung” Jenissi, the “four-eyes” Hojoon, the “real man” Sangdo and the “maknae who seizes his hyungs” Yano (T/N: They’re using the term 잡는 as in ‘killing’, meaning that Yano has skills that are comparable to his hyungs).
Recently in Gasan-dong Geumcheon-gu, Seoul, SportsSeoul.com met the 13 members of ToppDogg, who complained and argued like brothers but exploded with charm. Although there are Tom & Jerry combinations within the team, other members also serve as mediators. We proposed ‘image game’ (T/N: ‘Image game’ is a set of questions to get an idea of what ToppDogg’s image is like, e.g. which member is the laziest, etc) to the mischievous ToppDogg on the spot. When answering strong, difficult questions coolly, ToppDogg looked pretty.

- Before your debut, when you heard you were going to be a 13-membered group, who was the member who reacted the most agitated?
Yano: Jenissi-hyung said, “I’m glad all of 13 us will get to be together in the same team”. But in fact, hyung then told me to drop out. He said there were too many members. Jenissi-hyung’s reaction must’ve been the ‘blankest’ one.
Jenissi: I thought we were going to be 6, but when they said we were going to be 13 it is true that I was really taken aback. That was because Yano is the youngest one and his rap skills are excellent so I thought he could do well anywhere. You know, I’m really old (laughs).
Gohn: That thing about Jenissi-hyung telling Yano to drop out of the team was only meant as a joke. Actually when I heard that we were going to be 13 I tried to drop out but it was Jenissi-hyung who held me back.
Yano: He did tell me to drop out but Jenissi-hyung has quite a terrible sense of rhythm. He’s in the level where “he is limping to the beat”. (Sticks tongue out)
Kidoh: ToppDogg will hold activities as units every now and then. It’d be really good if Yano and Jenissi were both to have activities in the same unit.
Gohn: These two fit well with each other.

-Since the topic has been brought up, shall we proceed to the image ranking? Which member you’re the most envious of?
A-Tom: For me, it’s Jenissi-hyung. Since he has been rapping for a long time he has learnt a lot. Also because his thoughts are deep.
P-Goon: I pick A-Tom. I’m not envious of anything else than his age. I want to subtract years to my age.
Hansol: For me, it’s Sangdo. He’s the ideal man. Whether it’s the exterior or the interior, everything about him is cool. He’s a real man. His heart is deep too. He has the style of a gentle Dolsoe (T/N: Dolsoe is a native Korean dog breed).

- If you appear on variety show, which member would be able to do it the best?
Everyone: B-Joo. He has talent. He makes others laugh by causing damage to himself. He’s the mood-maker of the team. We don’t think he’d get hate no matter what variety show he appears on.
Jenissi: I will recommend Yano. Just looking at his face is funny. His face looks like a framed painting.
Yano: I’m happy being the member who receives love. Thank you.

- Which member has the most female fans?
Everyone: Since we’re still rookies, we all have a similar amount of fans. During trainee days Jenissi was the one who had the most fans on his side.
Jenissi: Trainee days were my peak. The fans of those times have now divided between the members. I talk well to the fans, greet them properly, but [my number of fans] is no different to leader P-Goon’s.
Hansol: While going from “Say It” to “Cigarette”, P-Goon was the one who changed the most. He was the one who didn’t approach to fans the most because they were scared of his straight face in that strong image, but he has changed. People have been commenting that they wanted P-Goon to be kinder like this.

- Which member likes women the most?
Everyone: Maknae A-Tom! He’s at the peak of his curiosity for women.
A-Tom: I like all kinds of women. I’m the type to get attracted [to someone] at first sight but right now I really like the “cold city girl” style, similar to f(x)’s Krystal sunbae-nim.
- At last, who is the member that Cho PD pampers the most?
Everyone: All 13 of us!

Source: Sportsseoul
Translated by: Topp Dogg Intl
TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS

No comments:

Post a Comment